Do you suffer from joint pain? Joint pain is a common problem for many adults. Luckily, there are many treatment options to help reduce and relieve the inflammation and pain in your joints. We’ll explain what causes joint pain and offer a variety of treatment options to manage your pain now.
What Causes Joint Pain?
Joint pain affects a quarter of adults in the United States. The most common cause is arthritis, affecting about 58 million adults. The knee, hips, and shoulders are other common joints that develop pain. But any part of your body can experience joint pain, including your feet, ankles, and hands.
Many diseases and issues cause joint pain, such as:
- Adult Still’s Disease
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Avascular Necrosis
- Bone Cancer
- Lyme Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Joint pain is a symptom that can be irritating to debilitating, depending on the severity. Some may experience acute pain that lasts for a few weeks or chronic pain that lasts for months or years.
Related Link: How to Treat Iliotibial Band Syndrome
Treatment Options for Joint Pain
There are several treatment options for joint pain. Your doctor will want to treat the cause, but you may need additional treatment to manage the inflammation and pain in your joints:
- Medications: You can take over-the-counter drugs or prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). If you are taking other medications, you should talk to your doctor.
- Topicals: Over-the-counter and prescription topicals can block pain and reduce inflammation. The Herbal Ice Hemp Muscle Rub combines Chinese herbs, 500 mg of hemp isolate, and cooling menthol for an all-natural, topical pain relief supplement.
- Injections: A more invasive solution, injections may be necessary if the pain doesn’t subside. Your doctor may recommend steroid, platelet-rich plasma, hyaluronan, or prolotherapy injections.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is a way to strengthen your muscles around the joints for stability and improved range of motion.
- Home Care: This is a method known as PRICE. Protect the joint with a brace, rest from painful activities, ice the joint, compress with an elastic wrap, and elevate the joint above heart level.
- Alternative Supplements: Some natural supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin have also been proven to relieve inflammation and joint pain. These supplements may not work for everyone but are safe to ingest with little to no side effects.
How to Reduce Joint Pain in Your Body
The best way to prevent joint pain or reduce any joint pain you may be experiencing is to use a combination of these treatment options. By utilizing multiple options, you’ll be able to reduce swelling and inflammation quickly. We would recommend:
- Taking a warm bath or soaking the joint in warm water.
- Icing the joint for twenty minutes at least 3-4 times a day.
- Applying a topical like the doctor-formulated Hemp Muscle Rub, which contains only natural ingredients that are lab tested for potency and quality.
- Doing exercises or stretches to strengthen flexibility and release tension.
- Resting from any activities that aggravate the joint.
- Wrapping or bracing the joint for additional stability.
- Utilizing physical therapy or massage therapy.
- Taking a natural supplement or medication for additional pain management and inflammation reduction.
Want an all-natural, topical supplement for targeting specific joint and muscle pain? Shop our best-selling all-natural topical products.
Related Link: The 5 Best CBD Muscle Rubs on the Market
When Should I Worry About Joint Pain?
If you treat your joint pain using several options listed above and the pain increases or does not subside, you may want to contact your doctor. Other symptoms that could indicate a more severe problem include:
- Tenderness or warmth near the joint
- Redness around the joint
Joint pain is generally not an emergency, but you should call your doctor if you notice these other symptoms.
Joint Pain Following an Injury
In some cases, when the joint pain follows an injury, you should see a doctor immediately if you also have these symptoms:
- Inability to move the joint
- Joint deformity
- Intense, excruciating pain
- Sudden swelling
What’s the Difference Between Joint Pain and Muscle Pain?
The difference between joint and muscle pain is where and when the inflammation occurs. If the muscle is over-exerted during the activity, then the pain will be in the muscle, and the individual may experience cramping or aching during the activity. After resting, muscle pain should subside.
Joint pain occurs when the body is at rest and affects the ligaments, cartilage, and tissue that support the bone joints. As the body ages or becomes injured, these ligaments and cartilage thin, making it more difficult to protect and stabilize the joint during activity.
Whether you experience joint or muscle pain, you may want to apply a topical treatment to help reduce inflammation. A well-rated topical, Hemp Muscle Rub, may offer fast-acting relief to your joints and muscles without needing a prescription to buy it.
Managing Joint Pain is Becoming More Effective
Because of modern science, you can manage your joint pain by utilizing all the different treatment options, whether they are home care or prescription. By talking with your doctor, you’ll be able to identify the best treatment plan for reducing your joint pain and inflammation.
Herbal Ice’s Hemp Muscle Rub is a non-prescription, all-natural, topical treatment that may help relieve joint pain. The roll-on applicator makes it easy to target specific joints that need extra soothing.
Herbal Ice combines the healing power of traditional topical herbs with hemp extract to create an affordable, easy-to-apply solution to help with muscle pain and inflammation.
Want a topical solution that can help relieve joint pain and inflammation? Learn more about Herbal Ice’s doctor-developed, natural formulation.
Related Link: 4 Best CBD Products for Nerve Pain